Cloud 9 - A floating party pontoon
Quite the novel concept, Cloud 9 is a two storey floating pontoon in the middle of the ocean amongst the Mamanuca islands in Fiji. Paradise life at its finest.
You have probably seen Cloud 9 pop up all over your social media feeds as it's quite an anomaly to have a floating bar, where the water is so clear and you can simply jump off the side, snorkel with the tropical fish at your leisure, then have a cocktail, some pizza and chill on a deck chair in the middle of the ocean. Not your average tourist day trip.
What to do there
- Jump in the water from the second storey
- Snorkel with the fish (They have some equipment there, or BYO own gear)
- Swim around and laze in the water
- Drink all the cocktails, sparkling and Fijian beers
- Eat massive pizzas (Pizza is the only food option FYI)
Booking and transport
There are few companies that will take you there, most leave from Port Denarau, or from the islands you are staying at if you are in the Mamanucas.
You can book a full day or half day tour depending on how long you want to stay out there. You can go directly from the Marina at Port Denarau or some of the closer by islands will also offer day trip out to cloud-9.
Keep in mind: All of the charters will also charge you a mandatory $60 voucher you can use for drinks and pizza. You are there for a number of hours so you’ll use it up easily.
My favourite parts
- The scenery - The water is so clear and it’s just really pretty out there.
- Chilling in the deck chairs and sun lounges - Eat, swim, chill, drink, repeat style.
Who this is suited to
- Couples/Friends: This is a fun place to relax for the day and eat and drink and swim as you please plus you can take some great snaps to make your friends at home jealous. But just be aware there might be some families and kids running around, so it’s not an adult only chill spot.
- Backpackers: If you are comfortable with the price, but all day trips to islands are pretty similar in cost to the Cloud 9 day trip.
- Families: If you can all swim confidently and perhaps not little kids or older people who would find it hard getting in and out of a boat etc. There were quite a lot of families there the day we went and kids loved the snorkelling, just keep in mind that the whole place is focused on the cocktail bar and has a DJ playing all day it’s not a kid focused place, but they were welcome there.
Cloud 9 is fun if you like to chill out on a pontoon, with DJ sets in the background, you like having a couple of drinks, eating pizza and a bit of a swim and snorkel.
Any questions? Just ask me in the comments and I'll see if I can help x