Malamala Beach Club - Fiji
Hi friends, let me show you the newest day trip in town...
If you are into infinity pools, curated cocktails with some quirky combos, seriously delicious food, chilling out in a private cabana with friendly wait service and swimming around in Fiji's clear warm ocean, then add Malamala to your Fiji bucket list.
We are pretty chipper people, and generally like most things, but seriously, we loved it here as you can see by the pics below....
So what's the deal?
Well, Malamala Beach Club is a day trip activity, where you can:
- Laze around in a cabana with butler service
- Sun yourself on a lounge and swim in the infinity pool
- Get active and go paddle boarding, kayaking or snorkelling
- Try all the cocktails on the menu... They have a special if you buy all 7 cocktails... So, naturally we had to try them all...
- Eat all of the food.... The menu is unique, not your standard fish and chips, pizza or salad buffet. The whole menu is well thought out and they have come up with some interesting fusions mixing Fijian flavours with contemporary cuisine. You can order everything from light snacks and tapas style food through to more extravagant meals. Try the Mochiko fried chicken, trust me, it's delicious.
Check out our video to see what Malamala Beach Club is all about.
What did we think?
We loved it. It's the only place like it in Fiji, it's new and shiny and wasn't overly touristy or full of kids running around, which suits us. It's more of a luxury getaway, with the same prices as you would pay at your resort.
How do you get there?
Malamala Beach Club Fiji is associated with South Sea Cruises, so as per their usual services, you can get book a bus transfer from your hotel in Nadi, Port Denarau or the Coral Coast that will take you to Port Denarau Marina and then it's just a 25 minute catamaran out to the island. For more info and to book etc. check out the website or you can book your trip here
Would we go back?
Yep, sure would. As you can tell by my dramatic pose and Mark's and Simione's faces below, we had a pretty sweet Saturday out there.